www.etsy.com/shop/AbigailKelleyDesigns                                   

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Who Am I? -Forum-


I was asked by one of my Instagram mommy followers to write something for her blog. she is presenting funky, inspirational mama's.

click the link to read more about her:

So here is it.

--Who are you?
my Name is Abigail Joy Kelley. Most people call me Abby, though i hate that. the only people who i feel are allowed to call me Abby are my family and friends from high school. it was my name as a child, but now that i'm older, i want to put the past in the past and "start fresh" so i'd like people to call me by my REAL name, Abigail. 
i am 23 years old (though i still feel like i'm 18 sometimes.) i am married to my best friend in the whole world and we have a baby boy, Oliver who is a little over a year old.

--What is your inspiration?
Honestly, i don't truly have one inspiration. i am inspired by everything this world has to offer. sometimes is a musician who inspires my music writing/playing. or a person i meet who inspires me to do certain things. or it's a work of art that inspires me to create. pretty much anything can inspire me. i think most of all though, it would be #1, my God. who inspires me to be the best version of myself i can be and to truly love others like He asks of me. and #2, my husband. who always inspires me to be a better wife and a better person. 

--What is the most beautiful thing about your typical day?
well, #1, when i go into my sons room when he wakes up and he smiles at me and holds me tight.
#2, when my husband comes home after a long day and he holds me tight as well.

--What else is your passion besides your family?
my passion besides my family would definitely be music. i have always been in love with music. listening to it, creating it...whatever. i write my own music a lot and i play guitar and a little piano. my absolute favorite passion is singing. more than any instrument, i love to sing.
i currently lead our church's worship team. Also, my husband and I write music together. he plays bass, guitar and drums. we've been in the process of getting a good chunk of songs written together to play somewhere

--Do you have a business besides your momma job?
I do crocheting on the side through my Etsy account. (www.etsy.com/shop/abigailkelleydesigns) it's just to bring in a little extra money for the home. i have a wonderful husband who is willing to work over full-time to support us. 

--Where do you live?
I live in Prescott, Arizona (USA) it's a beautiful, peaceful neighborhood in the forest mountains. We live in a two story home with our best friends Robb, Britt and their baby boy Elijah. 



--How is it going with your baby these days?
It's...going. haha. Oliver, my beautiful baby boy is now 14 months old and he is...well... a toddler. The good things are that he has an insane personality. i don't know where he comes up with some of the things he does. his facial expressions are priceless and he lives to make others laugh. on the downside of becoming his own person, he is crying for everything and starting to throw fits. if you tell him "no," he will hold his breath, turn bright red, puff out his chest/or fall backwards then scream. yeah......that's fun when you're in public. and whats worse is that i ignore him. it's the best thing i can do when he throws a tantrum but when we are in public, all i get are nasty stares for allowing my child to freak out. i just know if i pay attention to it, he will only scream more. oh motherhood... haha.


--Do you have a special item in your house that means a lot to you?
not really. i am very sentimental...and a packrat. so i keep a lot of things that i think are "sentimental." haha. 

--Which place are you daydreaming about and why?
the beach... always the beach. me and my husband had our first getaway two weeks ago without Oliver. it was 3 days ad we went to California to the beach and clubs. it was MUCH needed but it was hard for me to leave my little guy at home with grandma for 3 days. it was the longest i had ever been without him. though, now that we've done it... I'm itching to do it again. ha. parents need a break every once in a while. 

--Who gives you power, and strength and hope in your life?
My awesome God. Jesus. He is my saviour and everything i do, i do for Him. i wouldn't be where i am in my life today if it wasn't for His never ending grace. He loves me even through all the awful things i have done in my past and He gives me strength to live each day.

--What inspires you about other mothers?
Probably their patience and their utter love for their children. i see mothers going places with their kids, signing up for mommy and me classes, playing in the living room at home, snuggling on the couch... and i just wish i would do more of that. i am a SAHM and i obviously love my life and my son, but every now and then, i notice that I'm not spending enough time with my son. i nee to get better at that. i respect the mothers who can sit there with their baby all day long, never taking a moment for themselves. (though i know all moms need a break,) but when you have five children hanging all over you and you're still playing and laughing... i respect that!

--What is your dream?
my dream has always been to be a mother ultimately. and I've achieved that. though i guess my next dream would be to be able to do something musically in the world. play shows. tour. write music. make an album. something to that effect. 

--What do you do in a difficult moment?
Pray. always pray. it's the only real thing that works. 

--Can you give us some wisdom our way?
Support your husband/partner. Be patient with your children. Be happy with whatever is thrown your way. and Love your life. 

--What inspires you about motherhood and about other mommies?
being able to care or another life is beautiful. knowing that i am responsible for who Oliver is going to be is a heavy burden but it is also the one thing that inspires me every day to be the best that i can be for him. 


Here are some photos for s a little glimpse into my life...


The day i had my son. my husband was the most incredible supporter i have ever known.

Family photos when Oliver was 6 weeks old.


Michael and My Wedding Day. 11/11/11

my passion, writing and creating music. 

my other job. Kelley Designs on Etsy

Our home in the pines. 



a day in the life of Oliver and me. TOYS EVERYWHERE!
The view from our house. 


Music. always doing music.

My baby boy and I downtown.

Family.

Daddy and Oliver making music.





No comments:

Post a Comment