www.etsy.com/shop/AbigailKelleyDesigns                                   

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I am a Stay At Home Mom and I'm Happy






I've heard a lot of people say that being a Stay At Home Mom isn't something you shoot for in life, it's something you reluctantly become after getting "knocked up."

This may be true for some people but not for me. 

since i was about 5 years old, I've wanted to become a mom. i took care of my baby dolls, changed their diapers and brushed their hair. i would even make my own dolls and care for them as if the were my own children. 

Once i got into high school, I was told to write a paper on "Where I See Myself In 10 Years." obviously i knew where i wanted to be. Married with one or two children, being a Stay At Home Mom. though i didn't write that. i wrote that i wanted to go to Art school and get an art degree and get a job in design. 
Don't get me wrong, i still LOVE art and once life slows down a little bit, i think i might like to take another art class at the college. (just for fun) and if we need another income, i'd LOVE to do design from home, but i never actually wanted to go to college and get a degree. i said it because i assumed society thought it would be a "copout." like being a SAHM is just a way for women to be lazy and not work. or, like i said before, it's something you're reluctantly "trapped" in. 
i did a year of college, took some basic classes like Biology, (only because i had to in order to graduate high school) a few English classes, some art and design classes, etc. but i never got a degree or even a certificate. 

i met my husband during that first year of college and that kind of changed everything. we were married a year later and got pregnant almost a year after that.
my dream was coming true. Now i am a SAHM with a full-time working husband. and i LOVE my life. this is exact;y where i wanted to be. 
now i said my HUSBAND works full time... though i do too.

"HOW DO YOU WORK IF YOURE A FULL-TIME STAY AT HOME MOM?"

ha ha ha.

being a SAHM  is work! I work full time. 
so now when people ask me what i do for a living, this is what i'd like to say...

I am a caregiver
I am a teacher
I am a physical therapist
I am a house maid
I am a cook
I am a designer
I am a songwriter
I am a barista
I am a home decorator
I am an organizer
I am a puppeteer 
I am an entertainer

I am... a MOM.





xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment